New York City Trivia - Questions about The Big Apple's Hidden Gems - Part I
On our recent New York City Hidden Germs Big Adventure, we took over the basement bar area of Puck Fair in SoHo, divided into teams and challenged our noggin with some quality trivia about all things hidden in NYC. We wanted to bring the quiz questions to the web and see how well you can handle these stumpers. Each day, The Big Adventure bring you five of our questions from our NYC Trivia in six easy installments. Scroll down for link to answers.
1. A few blocks north of Grand Central Station, there is a secret train station platform which was specifically built for what famous 20th Century leader?
2. According to legend, who or what was buried in the end zone at the old Giants Stadium (also known as The Meadowlands)?
3. NYC Icon Trinity Church was destroyed twice before the current structure was built in 1846. What two different causes destroyed the church?
4. Back in the 1830’s, Five Points, the worst slum in Western history, was riddled with violence. Local thugs would pass menus of injuries which itemized violence by price. Murder was $100. What was the cost of slicing off an ear?
5. What Oscar winner from the 1930’s, who was also nominated for Roman Holiday, was formerly an usher at Radio City Music Hall?
More questions coming tomorrow!